6-8 pork sausages
1 red onion, chopped into wedges
125g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
200ml full fat milk
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
300g butternut squash, cut into large-ish chunks
2 tbsp oil
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C, 200 C fan, gas mark 7.
2. Sift the flour and salt in a large bowl, and add the beaten eggs plus a dash of milk. Mix to a paste then add the rest of the milk, mustard and rosemary.
2. Place the sausages and the squash in the tin and drizzle over a little of the oil. I get my hands in there to make sure everything is coated. Cook in the oven for 10-15mins until the sausages are beginning to colour. Remove from the oven, take the sausages and squash out of the tray and drain away the liquid.
3. Put the rest of the oil in the tray and return it to the oven to heat for 10 mins or so. Put the sausages and squash back in, add the red onion and pour on the batter.
4. Cook until risen and ready, approx 25 minutes.